Are there any good quality twin beds anymore?

terri76July 16, 2014

We are looking for a twin bed for my grandson who is almost 2. We are leaning toward a captains bed. We want one that is sturdy and will hold up to a little abuse. What are your experiences with them? Does "good quality" still exist? What kind did you buy or recommend? Can you give my any advice on what not to buy?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
AustinS

As a kid I slept on a foam mattress and loved it. This one's made of high density foam so it should be durable-- http://www.amazon.com/DynastyMattress-Therapeutic-AirFlow-Mattress-Visco-Elastic/dp/B008744KGQ. And it comes with a 20 year warranty which is really good. I'd also recommend getting a vinyl mattress protector for it, to protect from any "accidents." This is a good one we've used-- http://protectivebedding.com/heavy-duty-zippered-vinyl-mattress-protector.html

Here is a link that might be useful: mattress protector

Bookmark   July 29, 2014 at 10:32AM
toronado3800 Zone 6 StLouis

There are water proff cloth feeling mattress protectors with somekind of poly type layer built in out now which are almost as good. They making it through a few washings even. IMO an adult will appreciate them but a kid may not notice the difference.

Mattresses....ug...just buy whatever with a law tag reading "all new materials" and a 2014 date from a place with no sleep trial. Sleep trial failure mattresses just don't seem to get thrown away as often as they should. An alternative would be saying "you have one in stock?inspect it and if the tag is more than a couple weeks old say " Thats ok, I'll wait for the new one next week." Mattress retailes you would never suspect are dirty shady people who think Jesus does not watch them at work.

Wood beds? There is a small not ridiculously priced group called New Classic Furniture which makes good quality youth and adult furniture. Don't order sight unseen. At least go someplace that displays a few of their sets. They are imported, use a fair amount of wood. Have nice drawers and will not cost you as much as your first car.

Bookmark   July 30, 2014 at 8:59AM
freethinker99

Check out Lea or Stanley for kids beds

Bookmark   September 27, 2014 at 10:03PM
More Discussions
Who Are Reputable Made In America/North American Furniture Companies?
I am looking for great-room/living room furniture for...
mothersnood
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
aesanford
Bernhardt vs. Thomasville for leather.
Thinking of getting a leather sofa for its durability....
Sparks72
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
crate barrel sofa quality
what can be said about the crate and barrel sofa quality...
kermit_xc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™