sears/craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener light issue

sboehlerFebruary 11, 2007

All,

I have a S/C Garage Door Opener (Model 139.53614) and I am having an issue with the light on the unit. I have had this unit for several years and all of a sudden the light on the unit does not turn on. I changed bulb and that is not the issue. I took the front panel off, and I disconnected and reconnected the wires to the socket and nothing there either. Any thoughts? Has anyone run into this before?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

The sockets on some of these older openers were not reliable. Try unplugging the unit and then pull out on the center connector in the socket with a screwdriver. Sometimes works.

Bookmark   February 13, 2007 at 1:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mitch-lawyer

I also had a similar problem with my Sears Craftsman garage door opener. While Sears said the part may be covered by warranty, it would cost $65 for them to get it done. I am considering filing a class action lawsuit against Sears. If you would like more information on joining the class, please email a summary of your experience with Sears and/or the garage door opener, along with your contact information: name, tele. no., e-mail address. Thanks, Mitchell Rait. mrait@comcast.net

Bookmark   November 6, 2007 at 8:47PM
More Discussions
Wayne Dalton i-Drive vs. Belt Drive vs. Screw Drive
Hello All, I am looking to install 2 new garage door...
rogeroh
Garage door won't open - even manually
Our garage door won�t open - the motor works,...
karyn
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™