Craftsman 139.53629SRT Keeps Running

najajrFebruary 9, 2008

Hello Craftsmen Door Guy Experts (Pretty soon I will be able to join your ranks I think).

One of you advised me about 2-3 years ago (Doorman06?) when I replaced the drive gear on my Craftsman 1/2 HP Unit. Today I needed to replace the drive gear AND sprocket. (Replacement Part 41C4220A) It seems some type of bearing had worn out, the sprocket had all types of play, and the chain would not stay put. Anyway, after two or three hours spent replacing the drive gear and sprocket, I believe I may have upset something inside the unit and the motor runs continually even after the limit terminals make contact.

What did I do wrong? Better yet, what do I do now?

Thanx

Nick

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Sounds like you may have knocked loose a wire that runs to the limit switch. If you did I would think it would be hanging there.

Bookmark   February 12, 2008 at 10:19AM
najajr

Hi Don,

Thanx for reponse. I disconnected and reconnected all of the terminal wires I could see. Could the circut board have shorted out or something? Sears wants $200.00 (120 + 80) for a new unit plus install. I think it would be $80.00 well spent!!

Thanx

Nick

Bookmark   February 18, 2008 at 12:11PM
techdave

Hi Nick, good chance you already had an inop limit circuit in yuor logic board. I ALWAYS test the limits first b4 putting in a gearkit or sprocket assy. Sorry , Dave.

Bookmark   March 1, 2008 at 10:49PM
More Discussions
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
Garage door won't open - even manually
Our garage door won�t open - the motor works,...
karyn
Craftsman Garage door openers old dipswitch technology
My garage door motors still work great- 30 years old....
mamasalvo
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™