Craftsman Keyless Entry Pad, Security+ not working

patriot_neFebruary 10, 2008

Hi:

I have the following Craftsman Security+ keyless entry pad that is new, it was purchased in 2001 but never opened from the shrink wrap. When I put a new battery in, it does not seem to work, even the keypad lights do not come on. And I am not able to set password or open the garage doors.

Craftsman Keyless Entry Pad, Security+®

Sears item# 00953684000 Mfr. model# 53684

Please let me know if there is some thing to set or reset on this keypad to get it to work.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

It sounds like you have a bad keypad. There is nothing to set or reset other than the code itself. If it doesn't light up when you key 'enter' it is most likely bad or your battery is bad.

Bookmark   February 12, 2008 at 10:16AM
techdave

or the battery contacts are corroded/oxidized

Bookmark   March 1, 2008 at 10:54PM
nitster

I purchased & had a Craftsman 1/2 hp Model 139.53970SRT installed in 2002. My problem is when I program my new craftsman wireless keypad for ouside my remotes that came with the unit will not work. I can only use one or the other. Sears hardware personal are confused. My garage door opener has a orange learn button. prior to this I tryed both clicker & genie wireless keypad and the same happens. Thank You....

Bookmark   March 2, 2008 at 5:47PM
don_1_2006

Sounds like you are getting the wrong keypad. Make sure the model number on your opener is correct and have Sears parts look it up for you.

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 10:57AM
sharynbgilfix_gmail_com

I accidentally deleted all codes on my garage door opener when I setting up a new remote and now don't know how to set a password for keyless entry pad - I have no instruction manual since it was installed by previous owner.

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 6:50AM
don_1_2006

Locate the smart/learn button on the rear of the motor unit near where all those white wires go. Press and immediately release this and then walk over to the keypad and key in any 4 digit code you like and press enter

Bookmark   May 30, 2011 at 11:12AM
More Discussions
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
pippit
Craftsman Garage door openers old dipswitch technology
My garage door motors still work great- 30 years old....
mamasalvo
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™