craftsman gray button remotes

sandicedricFebruary 1, 2008

I just replaced my craftsman garage door that I purchased in 1999, this came with the gray button remotes. The new garage door is also a craftsman but came with black button remotes. We were able to use the same sensors, wiring and main control pad with the new unit, however I am not able to use the gray button remotes. I have opened up the remotes and everything seems to be identical. Is there a way I can use the gray button remotes with new garage door opener. I have tried to reprogram.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

There have been several posts regarding the problem you have. If your new unit is less than 90 days old call Sears technical help and explain the problem to them. It may help if you have all the model numbers when you call. If you get an answer we would all appreciate if you would post the results.

Bookmark   February 1, 2008 at 7:06PM
Chris Spinnato

The new gdo that you purchased is security plus.
The openers that you have from your old one is not compatable with the new ones. Don't fret about trying to use them they will not work with the new system.

Bookmark   February 29, 2008 at 8:45AM
techdave

Hi the inability to interchange is not due to a change in the coding algorythm, eg security plus.

The black button system are 315 Mhz and the older systems were 390 Mhz. they are not interchangeable as teh carrier frequencies are different.

The industry has been using 390 for years cuz it had less interferenc eproblems than 315.

315 bandwidth belongs to tio sammy, he awanted it back , remotes are back on 390 mhz band carriers.

Bookmark   March 1, 2008 at 10:06PM
More Discussions
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D.
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D Garage Door...
don831
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™