CHI 2700 series fiberglass garage doors?

piscesgirlFebruary 27, 2008

Anyone know anything about CHI's 2700 series garage doors? They are fiberglass face with a steel interior.

http://www.chiohd.com/residential/2700/

We want to get really nice garage doors that make an impact because our doors are a focal point on our house. Carriage style doors don't really fit the styling of our house and I am finding the options in traditional steel doors to be extreamly boring (colonial, ranch, flush, and maybe a few variations of those three).

I love the look of the panels on these doors, but unfortunately I have never seen this type of panel style in steel.

These are supposed to be impact resistant fiberglass. Is fiberglass really a bad choice? Should we just stick with boring traditional steel doors?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
formula1

No experience with fiberglass doors. Looking at the vendor's web site, though, the warranty on the FG doors is noticeably less - 3 years vs. lifetime for steel. Also, comments like 'thermal bowing, etc.' aren't considered efects - sounds like they know the doors aren't absolutely stable. They do look nice in the pics! Very good R-value also. Although more plain looking, it appears that an insulated steel door will last much longer.

Bookmark   March 13, 2008 at 9:36AM
More Discussions
Good material to patch potholes in old garage floor?
I have some pot holes in my 1963 garage floor. The...
griz8312
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
pippit
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™