Craftsman 1/2 HP chain drive garage door sensors

dannyds1February 11, 2008

My craftsman 1/2 HP garage door will start down first then go up. Even if the door is down to start with. I can see where one sensor light is green but the second is a steady yellow. Is this an indication of a problem with the sensors?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chemacres

We have a Model 139.53525SRT 1/2 HP . We recently had the springs replaced, had been working ok. We have had the partial opening then going back up with the light flickering situation, which I guess was an optical sensor issue. Most recently, occasionally the door was going down too far and bouncing back open.

Now it simply buzzes when you hit the opener, nothing moves, the buzz pauses briefly and a second buzz happens again and nothing moves. It seems to me we had this happen a few years ago, too, and we got it going again, but we can't remember what it was. Seems playing with the sensors, lubricating the rails or flicking the switches have gotten going again in the past. Warmer weather helps, too. Suggestions welcome. Haven't looked up in the gear / sprocket area too close yet. We have the manual ... seems overtravel might be an issue / jammed into stop bolts it suggests

Bookmark   February 11, 2008 at 2:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
techdave

Hi dd, look closely 4 a flickering receiver, or one that flickers while th edoor is closing. Only takes one flicker from loose rail or sensor mount to reverse door.

Bookmark   March 1, 2008 at 11:04PM
More Discussions
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
Mountain of leaves on my driveway
So I acquired a huge pile of leaves that I used for...
bibbus
Easy to use Backpack Blower Storage
I have been keeping my backpack blower on the floor...
blakeas
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™