Garage door reverses after closing

rusa7February 9, 2007

Hi all,

I recently replaced my drive gear which was worn out. I now have a problem where the garage door reverses immediately after closing. The led on the garage door opener does not blink. I have tried:

1. Decreasing the down travel (couple of 360 degree turns clockwise but it didnt help)

2. Decreasing the down force (about 20 degree turn anticlockwise. The force adjustment is pointed to about 4 o'clock.) I didnt try increasing it lest I wear out my drive gear.

I also tried to grasp the door while it was travelling downward but it continues to move down. It doesnt stop. There is no problem when it is travelling up.

Could this be because of a balancing issue or just an adjustments problem.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Take the cover off the opener and watch the limit switch assembly. I think the down limit is still not adjusted correctly. The correct adjustment for the down force is when the door consistently closes properly. Never increase it unless absolutely necessary. When the door hits the floor before the down limit is contacted the safety circuit in the logic board reverses the door to the open position.

Bookmark   February 9, 2007 at 5:36PM
More Discussions
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™