Liftmaster 3850

almach5February 17, 2009

I just had a Liftmaster 3850 installed (in North Jersey) for $450. It replaced an old/busted Genie unit. This unit is QUIET and thus far works perfect. It was worth it to me to have it professionally installed. The old Genie did not have the Safety Reversing Sensors and the new system was installed with them. I agree with the prior posting: Very nice so far... The installer did not provide the manuals to the remote or wall unit, but I downloaded them from the liftmaster.com website.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
almach5

I DO have one question that I did not realize after the installer left (and he did not change the wall unit from French to English...)... there is a small green light flashing continuously from the overhead unit. Is this a problem? Or is it normal? This is not addressed in the owners manual. Thanks!

Bookmark   February 17, 2009 at 11:05AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

If the small green light is just to the left of all those white wires it is normal for it to flash randomly. If you watch that light while you press the button on your remote you will see it flash rapidly. That same light will blink codes to help with diagnoses when you are having a problem.

Bookmark   February 17, 2009 at 12:36PM
More Discussions
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™