Reuse Trafficmaster Allure planks?

bunkster2April 23, 2011

Hoping I don't appear completely crazy, but has anyone pulled up an allure vinyl plank floor and reused sections of it? I want to change out the color in a kitchen (am going with another allure pattern) and have a very small guest bath with lousy sheet vinyl. I had a few extra unused planks from the kitchen and since it's floating, wondered if I could get 'sections' up for reuse. It's both recycle and a budget idea, but thought I'd check to see if anybody had tried this. Any thoughts appreciated,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barbcollins

I think it will be hard to get them apart with damaging them, but you could give it a shot. You will probably need some sort of glue to re-adhere them together.

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 12:36PM
gasb

I have pulled up planks to do a toilet repar. It can be done and still reuse the planks. The problem is that it is very hard to pull planks apart-since the adhesion is excellent, even after being soaked in water for 5 days. It is very easy to tear a plank instead of the adhesion strips pulling apart. I was not the one who replaced the planks after the repair, so it might have been the technique that was used wasn't too meticulous, but there are now little gaps at the seams where they were replaced.

Bookmark   April 30, 2011 at 7:53PM
forboystoo

Try a heat gun at the seams...Then more glue...

Bookmark   May 1, 2011 at 2:42PM
bunkster2

Thanks for the suggestions.....I figure it can't hurt to try this out. Any suggestions for the best glue, or will any vinyl adhesive be fine? Again, thanks for your responses.

Bookmark   May 3, 2011 at 12:25PM
More Discussions
I need help on how to get cat urine odor out of concrete?
We had a cat that was 24 years old and the last year...
lindadianne
Handscraped hardwood -- will it become dated?
So we are in the process of building a new home. We...
carsonheim
Anyone used Coretec?
I have searched and searched, but I haven't seen any...
joygreenwald
why is everyone pushing water based poly?
Everyone that I have gotten estimates for is pricing...
NYMK
Somerset Country Hardwood Made in China
After ordering 1650 sf of Somerset Country hardwood,...
blondie859111
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™