Carpet to Allure Plank transition

tech0010April 29, 2011

How are people dealing with a carpet to allure transition? I have a master bath that has carpet in it, I am going to rip it out and use allure planks from home depot for a few years as a stop gap until I can redo the bathroom.

I will have carpet to allure transitions in three doorways that I am unsure of how to deal with. I know how to use a tack strip and a kicker to make a transition to tile, but the alure doesn't seem to have the height to tuck the carpet and protect that edge.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tnkrer

after some more investigation .. the subfloor seems to be wooden. I tried to hammer a nail between two black tiles (grouted area) and it seemed to go in .. Still removing the tiles is probably a high effort option?

The tiles seem to be some sort of stone .. I couldn't hammer the nail in those

Bookmark   April 29, 2011 at 2:24PM
tnkrer

after some more investigation .. the subfloor seems to be wooden. I tried to hammer a nail between two black tiles (grouted area) and it seemed to go in .. Still removing the tiles is probably a high effort option?

The tiles seem to be some sort of stone .. I couldn't hammer the nail in those

Bookmark   April 29, 2011 at 5:28PM
barbcollins

We used a marble threshold for our bathroom. Put it down with thinset. Ran the allure up to it and caulked the joint.

I have an advantage that the carpet in the hallway has not be installed yet. I think if I had existing carpet I would trim it around the threshold than use a putty knife to try to tuck it under the threshold.

Bookmark   May 1, 2011 at 7:25AM
More Discussions
Anyone used Coretec?
I have searched and searched, but I haven't seen any...
joygreenwald
wood floor finish (am I being too picky)
We recently had our wood floors refinished with the...
Jennifer White Green
Indusparquet...opinions, please
After a frustrating on-off search for over two year,...
joyintx
We might replace our wood floor with new....
I have 20yr old hardwood floor in our foyer. It is...
cindywhitall
Tigerwood Flooring - if you have it would you do it again
We are considering putting in Tigerwood flooring. We...
snowcamp
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™