couldn't figure where else to ask this......

rbiggFebruary 23, 2011

I need to move a piece of el cheapo glass 450mi. I have a patio table with glass top. I'd like to take it to a different area. How do you do this?

I've thought about breaking it up here, throwing it away, and getting a new piece at destination.

I'm hoping there's some way that will give me a pretty good chance of making it all the way with it intact.... I'll have some flexibility, as I'll be hauling it in a pickup truck.

Maybe putting it between a "sandwich of plywood" ? With other stuff in there and the sandwich between them, maybe that would work.

Any better thoughts?????

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Table tops are tempered glass which tends to be pretty tough if you can avoid point impacts and banging the edge. Your idea of a plywood container sounds good, maybe combined with some kind of padding (like one of those heavy moving blankets).

    Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 6:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Some 3/8 inch plywood and some 1/4 inch foam insulation.

Fasten the pieces of plywood together with screws from both sides.

Use short enough screws they do not come through and cut anyone who has to handle the 'sandwich.'

    Bookmark   February 25, 2011 at 12:36PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener w/Extension
I just installed a 9.18450 opener with a track extension...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™