Help - Erratically functioning Liftmaster

beezer911January 19, 2008

Hello all,

Here's one you don't get everyday, I hope you can help me out. My Liftmaster started functioning erractically today. It will open various distances and just stop at various heights. This all started when I walked under it while it was opening and nailed my head on the bottom of the door - hard enough to make the door stop (yes - this hurt quite a bit). If I disconnect the door, the trolley seems to go back and forth just just fine - the problem occurs only when the door is attached.

Can jarring the door upwards, while it is opening, damage something specific in the opener? Any help on what to focus on first would really be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doorguy06

You would have to have a pretty hard head to do any significant damage to the door or opener. Lift your door manually. If it is heavy for you, then it is heavy for the opener as well and that is why it is stopping on you. On the back of the unit there are two dials with numbers running around them. One is the up force and the other the down force. Turn the up force up a number or two until the door opens consitently. If the door is heavy for you to lift you will need to get someone out to adjust the springs otherwise you will strip the gear in the opener.

Bookmark   January 20, 2008 at 6:30PM
More Discussions
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D.
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D Garage Door...
don831
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™