Chamberlain LiftMaster Relay Clicks but opener does not operate

lec09January 7, 2009

Hello,

For quite some time my LiftMaster garage door opener has not worked. I'm just getting around to fixing it so I don't remember exactly how it stopped working.

The trolley is stuck in the down position and when the wall button or wireless remote button is pressed, all that happens is the relay clicks. The motor does not activate at all. Further, the lights on the opener will not turn on - they do not respond to the light button on the wall control.

I've checked for loose wires and I've checked for visible damage on the logic boards, however that's really the extent of my knowledge on the subject. I'm assuming the logic board is the cause of my troubles and my main question is this: Am I able to swap out the logic board on the non-functioning unit with the logic board that's currently on my other, working garage door opener? Or do I significantly risk damaging my working logic board?

Thanks in advance for the help and of course any further troubleshooting ideas are much appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

If the logic boards are interchangeable the quick disconnect will fit. If it doesn't fit you cannot substitute them.

Bookmark   January 8, 2009 at 4:21PM
More Discussions
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
pippit
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Craftsman Garage door openers old dipswitch technology
My garage door motors still work great- 30 years old....
mamasalvo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™