Craftsman 1/2 hp Garage Door Opener, Chain Drive

cbbanks03January 6, 2009

Hello, My Garage Door just stopped working one day when it was very cold outside. I went to let it up and it started opening and then it slowed down and then just stopped. you could hear the engine going but its now not working at all. I opened the box up and it seemed like little plastic shavings fell out and they were also all over the pullie mechanisms. any help would be greatly apprecicated. I tried searching this site but could not find anything.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lisa2009

Having problems with my garge door opener and appreciate any help, ideas or thoughts any one has. The opener works perfectly when the wall button is used and works perfectly when either the remote opener or the programmed button in my car is used when the car is in the garage to either open or close the door but will not open the door from outside the garage. HELP!

Bookmark   January 7, 2009 at 12:10AM
don_1_2006

cbbanks the plastic shavings you found are part of the drive gear. It will need to be replaced. The part number is 41A2817.

lisa you have a bad logic board. It is the board on the end of the opener with all the white wires. The part number is printed there. It starts with 41A.......

Bookmark   January 7, 2009 at 10:06AM
maryland_irisman

Don,

I'm impressed with your knowledge of the garage door openers...you even give part numbers!!!!

Bookmark   January 7, 2009 at 9:25PM
don_1_2006

Thanks maryland irisman but the real credit should go to the manufacturer who has kept these things standardized for a long time.

Bookmark   January 8, 2009 at 4:27PM
More Discussions
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
Ice in garage on mild winter days
We have a two story house with an attached 2 car garage....
boubou64
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
pippit
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™