Bradington Young Vari Tilt chairs

kate38July 16, 2012

We're considering one of these in leather. Does anyone have one and if so, what do you think of it? Where is the control mechanism, and how easy is it to operate?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rmanbike

Basically a variation off the full recliner, with only the back tilting mechanism. In theory this design allows for a more comfortable seat, in B&Y 8 way tied spring seat, also that this mechanism and overall structure will last much longer. Just about all other recliners and motion upholstery, not only does the seat / back / foot rest all move together, they also have to support your full body weight. In time the joints will wear and become loose, making the mechanism more difficult to operate.
The down side is that a ottoman is almost always required, as most people find it uncomfortable without a foot rest in the full recline. Depending on the space available, the floor type (as you will need to move the ottoman around) and when sitting in/out of the chair the ottoman can be in the way.
Their are several variations of control, the retailer should be able to provide the details, just consider the lower back versions have no headrest.

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 10:28PM
More Discussions
Barcalounger v Lane v Best or other recliner advice
Hi--I think I've done my homework,and I've read other...
sailormass
Debating between a drexel or henredon bed
What is better quality? The are both 4 post beds. Just...
shweebies
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
Quality Outdoor Furniture Brands/Materials?
I am looking to buy an outdoor dining set, chaise loungers...
wendage2
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™