Sears 1/2 HP Garage Door Opner is Stuck

sam2007January 23, 2007

The model number on my garage door opner is 139.53627SRT. It came with the house when we moved in 3 years ago. Couple days back I came home and hit the wall unit to close the door. The door went down half way and started backing up. I looked to see is there was anything obstructing the sensors and everything seemed to be ok. I kept pressing the wall unit multiple times. The door went back and forth a few times and all of a sudden everything stopped working. Now when I hit the button on the wall unit all I hear is a click and the light comes on. I dont have the owners manual. Any help / advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

If the door is stuck in the open position check to see if the trolley (the thing the door is hooked to) is jammed against a bolt just in front of the motor unit. If so, remove the bolt, close the door and adjust the 'up limit' a couple turns in the opposite direction of the arrow printed on the cover. You will find the 'up limit' on the side of the motor unit and will need a small screwdriver to adjust it.

Bookmark   January 23, 2007 at 5:11PM
More Discussions
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™