quality on Century leather sofa or sectional?

luc_2007July 12, 2009

Hi, I'd like to ask your opinion about Century leather sectional. We were thinking of hancock &moore, or bradington young, but we saw Century leather sectional at a local showroom where they are discounted, and it seemed to be pretty decent, and are tempted to buy. I know that Century's pretty reputable with their furniture, but it seems to be mostly dining, etc, and not necessarily with their leather sofa/sectional. I'd appreciate any thoughts!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rmanbike

Century has several different brands, which Heirloom is the higher end and sold through mostly interior designers. Century Upholstery is the better brand and builds the Heirloom in same factory. As with so many upholstery manufacturers they have been switching from solid hardwood frames with glued dowelled construction and corner blocks to engineered plywood frames which if designed and constructed properly can be a solid frame. But its still no match to the former. That said, the greatest difference in the cost will be the quality of the leather. Semi-aniline dyed leather is about the best for upholstery and also more expensive than the pigmented leather which is most common leather sold. Choose the leather that meets your needs then find the manufacturer that offers the best price and quality construction.

Bookmark   July 13, 2009 at 10:38AM
More Discussions
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
Who Are Reputable Made In America/North American Furniture Companies?
I am looking for great-room/living room furniture for...
mothersnood
Where can I find this style bed for less?
We're looking for a new bed and the only bed styles...
pugluv1
Barcalounger v Lane v Best or other recliner advice
Hi--I think I've done my homework,and I've read other...
sailormass
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™