Please help me find long, informal table

fromfloridaJuly 20, 2010

I've been looking for years for the perfect table for my very long breakfast room (it's about 20 by 10, with two chairs at one end and a dry bar at the other). . In fact, the BR is bigger than the dining room so we use it when we have company.Currently, we have our Queen Anne style cherry oval table in there, with a mishmash of chairs -- both the ones that come with that table and our oak antique pressback -- I know, it looks ridiculous!

Anyway, I'm looking for a long, sort of modern/transitional maybe farmhouse table that will be great for dining, chatting, and just hanging around. Our kitchen cabinets are maple stained as cherry so it's a very woody look -- perhaps a table with darker legs and a cherry or maple top would be good.

Anyway, I realize this is vague, but I do need help. If you have suggestions for brands or specific tables -- and best of all, photos of yours to share -- I would most appreciate it!

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fromflorida

Well, I finally found the table I was looking for for the breakfast room described above: It's the Ethan Allen Christopher Tango table and I love it! But now I need chairs and a light fixture. I want something perhaps transitional. I was thinking either upholstered (which my husband wasn't keen on)or a painted wood (black perhaps) because the room has so much wood. Any thoughts? I'd very much appreciate the help! And I also need a new pendant or chandelier, again, something sleek that won't block the views too much. The ceilings in this room are only 8 feet. Thanks again!

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 2:37PM
More Discussions
Debating between a drexel or henredon bed
What is better quality? The are both 4 post beds. Just...
shweebies
Basset and southern motion?
I need a couch and recliner asap for a rental. I do...
sallycornell
Bauhaus sofa & Ethan Allen Metropolitan
Hello all, this is my first time posting, looking for...
blossom1022
Design Within Reach - Globus Chairs Hair pulling problem... literally.
I have White on White Globus Chairs (Stua). Purchased...
janejanel
Who Are Reputable Made In America/North American Furniture Companies?
I am looking for great-room/living room furniture for...
mothersnood
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™