Garage Door Opener

michael_millettJanuary 10, 2009

I just installed a new opener. The remote will not work from anyplace but inside the garage. unless the door is open, then it will close it. It is a Sears model. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doorguy06

Could be a bad antenna on the circuit board or some type of interference with the signal may want to throw some new batteries in the remote and see if that fixes it.

Other wise you can use a small gauged wire and extend the antenna out toward the front of the garage to help pick up the signal when the door is closed. Or replace the circuit board.

Bookmark   January 12, 2009 at 1:51AM
randy427

You may have interference from some other wireless device (i.e. cordless phone) in the vicinity. You could try unplugging them one at a time to see if the GDO will perform better.

Bookmark   January 12, 2009 at 11:56AM
don_1_2006

Call Sears. You have a warranty.

Bookmark   January 12, 2009 at 6:31PM
genti

I have a Sears 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener that is very old. (AUG 1 4 1981)
After lot of trying this is what I see, when I bring the recieving sensor to within 4 feet of the sending sensor then the Garage Door is close or open , everything works good. But if I'm goin farther nothing hapend.
I am looking for help on how to fix this problem, as cheaply as possible of course :-). Is there any thing I can do ? Or is there some thing else I am not doing correctly? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bookmark   January 12, 2009 at 10:34PM
don_1_2006

If your opener is a 1981 model there won't even be parts available. You might check into a universal receiver and remote that will work. They are available at Sears, Radio Shack and I believe Home Depot.

Bookmark   January 13, 2009 at 9:51AM
More Discussions
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D.
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D Garage Door...
don831
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™