To: If I had a nickel.

tcoxJanuary 29, 2009

In defense of the Craftsman openers, I have two ten year old openers on my doors that work great! One, on a smaller door, get's the most use as it gets treated as a walkthrough for everything I need to do in the front yard. It must get used 10 times a day! I think one great maintenance idea everyone should do is to disengage the lift and roll the door up and down by hand a few times. The opener should not have to lift the door. That's what the springs are for. In ten years I have adjusted the springs twice to maintain fingertip lifting and closing. Do your doors open and close that easily? If they don't, you are depending on your opener to do a job for which it was never intended.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yadax3

I concur. We had 2 Craftsman openers that were 12 years old when we replaced them about a year ago. Nothing was wrong with them. We just decided to buy new ones with more features(e.g. motion activated lights) since we were replacing the doors anyway.

I also agree with the posters who have said there are probably more Craftsman problems listed here simply because there are more Craftsman openers in use.

Bookmark   February 9, 2009 at 5:08PM
More Discussions
Keyless lock for manual garage door?
I have a two car garage with separate manual lift garage...
mrpandy
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener w/Extension
I just installed a 9.18450 opener with a track extension...
brian_nb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™