Garage Door Opener remote problem

grabowski1966January 31, 2008

Craftsman Gagage Door Opener from 1999, model 139.53662SRT2. Have 2 remotes, they have always worked and then one day one of them was not working. I tried to re-program it according to instructions and it will not add it. I tried to erase all codes on the unit and add the two remotes. It will only add the first one. I have tried it many times and either remote will work but only one of them at a time. That makes me think both of the remotes are ok so I am hesitant to go buy a new one.

I did read some other postings and seems like someone else had this problem but I could not find a stated resolution.

Any input is greatly apprciated as I called 1800 numbers for Sears and Craftsman and they flat out won't help because the product is greater than 90 days old.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

One of your remotes has reverted to an earlier technology. Although they will each work individually they will not work together. You need to purchase an exact replacement remote and then you will find you can program 2 of them but if you program the 3rd it will cause the first 2 not to work. Once you figure out the bad one remove the batteries and put the remote in the trash.

Bookmark   January 31, 2008 at 4:39PM
More Discussions
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
Wayne Dalton i-Drive vs. Belt Drive vs. Screw Drive
Hello All, I am looking to install 2 new garage door...
rogeroh
Ice in garage on mild winter days
We have a two story house with an attached 2 car garage....
boubou64
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™