Snow Blower problem

nosambosJanuary 10, 2009

I have an ASAP question as it is still snowing and I have to do something fast. I had a fellow tune up my old Ariens 7HP snow blower and put on an electric start. I am not tall enough or strong enough to use the pull cord. He did a great job and at the time I could operate it without problem. I tried to really use it for the first time today. I pushed the primer button and moved the choke lever toward the right (back of the machine). The starter turned and turned but did not start. Now the starter is dead. I checked the circuit breaker that seems to be okay. What is wrong and what do I do next? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maryland_irisman

There could be so many possible problems. Others may have different views on the problem....here are my thoughts...I'm not familiar with your exact snow blower Some have a battery and you may have run the battery down. Others connect to a 115v recepticle. If you kept cranking it, the starter motor may have over heated and tripped out on overload. Once the motor cools down, you should be able to crank it. Look to see if there is a fuel shut-off valve. Perhaps it is turned off. Do you smell raw gas? I have seen cases where fuel froze in the float bowl or fuel line also.

Bookmark   January 10, 2009 at 6:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LyleH

I have a 8HP Briggs motor. When I have it in side (50 degrees) it starts on the first pull every time. when I have it setting out side it will not start. I took off the spat plug and set on the block and it dose have spark. I also took the gas hose off the carb and the gas runs out. could you give me some ideas on what to try?

Bookmark   February 4, 2014 at 8:52PM
More Discussions
Ice in garage on mild winter days
We have a two story house with an attached 2 car garage....
boubou64
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™