Anyone use Trillium Hardwood

altoApril 5, 2011

We are trying to decide on hardwood, leaning towards brazilian cherry or brazilian teak, both due to the high hardness rating. Yesterday we saw a flooring that was bamboo, which I never cared for because of the look of the wood, Trillium. They are available in engineered and hardwood. They are woodgrain enhanced bamboo flooring with a 35 year residential warranty.

We are looking at the Patagonia Walnut hardwood.

Has anyone used this Trillium?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kbasiuk_msn_com

We recently installed Trillium 4-3/4" x 5/8" Uniclic flooring in our condo. The installation was easier than previous flooring, but during the final clean up, we noticed that the flooring was not what we expected. We also went with the product based on the "advertised" hardness and were surprised to see dents and scratches in the finished product. Since then, we noticed that the product is easily damaged. For instance, my wife accidently dropped a frozen 8 oz. steak from our freezer and it dented the floor. Not happy, we are currently trying to have someone look into the warranty, would not recommend unless you are installing into an old age home with no pets or kids!!!!

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 10:43AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alto

Ken, thanks for the feedback. At the $7-8 a sq ft, I'll not be using the Trillium. Too bad because it did look nice on the sample board.

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 10:40AM
More Discussions
Somerset Country Hardwood Made in China
After ordering 1650 sf of Somerset Country hardwood,...
blondie859111
Bamboo flooring from LL bad odor
I purchased morning star bamboo strand click flooring...
rg100
We might replace our wood floor with new....
I have 20yr old hardwood floor in our foyer. It is...
cindywhitall
Tiling on Cement Subfloor or Wood Subfloor?
I live in San Francisco and we are not near any water...
gqchynaboy
Review on Taun wood
Has anyone used Taun wood for flooring? We are looking...
itspepsico
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™