dresser on CL

nosoccermomJuly 20, 2012

I really need a dresser. What is this, and is this a good buy? Also, can I fix the piece by sanding/smoothing it a bit or do you have any other suggestions? Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: dresser

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

That is a cheap veneered dresser from the mid 1920s. It might be sturdy and worth the $75 or it might be a wobbly bit of crap. You'll have to see it in person to tell.

The chip is too large to sand or smoother "a bit". You would have a smooth edge to a large mi8ssing chunk.

Either live with the damage, or fill it with wood putty and paint the dresser.

    Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 5:38PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thank you so much for the info. I think I'll take a pass because it's quite a drive for me to look at it.

    Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 6:54PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Furniture Arrangement Help Needed
There's my new great room from overhead. You can't...
Taylor King sofas ??
We have found a couple Taylor King sofas that we really...
Kitchen Table Repair
Hi. My kitchen table has a crack in it and I was wondering...
Smith Brothers of Berne - experience with?
Apologies for the dual post - I'm sinking the other...
Need suggestions to soften my recliner
I bought a recliner from China, construction is fine...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™