Craftsman GDO

andwolfJanuary 15, 2008

Hi there,

I noticed a problem with my craftsman GDO, model # 139.5399011 (~ 3 yrs old). I am trying to program an additional remote. When pressing the learn button on the motor unit, the yellow LED above the button is supposed to light up for 30 sec, allowing the additional remote to be programmed. This however is not happening. The LED lights up under other circumstances and the GDO works properly via the wall switch, the outside key pad and other, previously programmed remotes. Curiously, this problem affects both of my (identical) GDO units. Also, I am unable to reset codes as depressing the learn button for 6 seconds (or longer) does nothing. Any help would be much appreciated.

Andy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doorguy06

Your supposed to push and immediately release the button and then the light stays on for 30 seconds and you can program the remotes. You should be able to push and hold the learn button until the light goes out to erase the memory (Something like 10 seconds, never counted, just hold it in till the light goes out). If you are doing both of these as described then the circuit board has already gone out on you.

Bookmark   January 15, 2008 at 6:59PM
andwolf

Thanks for your response, doorguy06.
I still do not get any response of the LED from pushing the learn botton as instructed. The GDO functions fine otherwise when operated via previously programmed remotes, the keypad outside the door and the wall-mounted console. Is an otherwise properly functioning GDO unit consistent with a fried circuit board?

Bookmark   January 16, 2008 at 6:00PM
doorguy06

If you are certain you cannot erase the memory and the remotes you have are the correct ones, then yes the circuit board is bad.

Bookmark   January 18, 2008 at 7:15PM
nickm

My garage door goes up just fine! It will not close it blinks 10 times then back up. When this first started I replaced BOTH springs and it worked fine for a month. I have adjusted sensors a ton of times. One sensor has a green light and the other amber? Is that the problem?

Bookmark   February 4, 2008 at 3:51PM
More Discussions
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
Ice in garage on mild winter days
We have a two story house with an attached 2 car garage....
boubou64
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™