HELP! Driveway Seal Botched!

azwildcats70January 3, 2014

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum but... here goes.

Two months ago, we had our driveway sealed and the job they did was horrible. They had overspray all over the place (garage doors, grass, brick path, etc.) so we put a stop-pay on the check. They never contacted us because I'm certain they knew they screwed up. Apparently, they had absolutely NO grit in their sealer and now our driveway is like glass. We live in the Northeast and even our snow blower cannot get any traction. My husband and I have both fallen a few times.

My questions are:
1. What can we do in the interim before the next snow fall so it's not as dangerous and the snow blower can get traction?

2. How do we permanently fix it when the spring arrives?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
canuck123

I think it's too cold for anything to really work, short of having your driveway ground slightly - which is expensive and will cause damage.

I recommend applying a product that contains a de-icer and sand or other traction additive - the emphasis on the traction additive as I really don't like salt much. I put a link there as an example of what I'm thinking about. Just putting down sand would help too but it'll get scraped up fast with all the snow we're getting!

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Depot - Bare Ground

Bookmark   January 5, 2014 at 5:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azwildcats70

Thanks Canuck123... Never even heard of Bare Ground... their products look awesome!

Bookmark   January 5, 2014 at 7:05PM
More Discussions
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
Mountain of leaves on my driveway
So I acquired a huge pile of leaves that I used for...
bibbus
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
Garage door won't open - even manually
Our garage door won�t open - the motor works,...
karyn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™