Costco/Hammer Network

gregdroseJanuary 28, 2007

Has anyone used this service? Hammer network sells through Costco, I think Hammer network is owned by Amarr.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
webtraveler

Are you also thinking of getting a new garage door. If so and you do it thru Costco, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the products. We too are considering Amarr thru Costco.

Bookmark   February 24, 2007 at 4:58AM
compumom

I don't know anything about this particular item/service, but I found that Costco's price on Hunter Douglas was anything but cheap!

Bookmark   February 24, 2007 at 2:17PM
imjustagirl

I just got a quote from them. I thought it was pricey, but also remember reading that the Amarr is one of the nicer steel doors. We got a quote for a the middle grade w/insulation and windows and it was $1300 installed. -- I just got a quote for a Marathon and it's $1000 for their mid grade insulated w/windows.

Bookmark   March 3, 2007 at 6:30PM
doorguy06

I don't know much about Amarr or Marathon doors. I have saw Amarr advertised on the internet. Be careful using your local hardware stores i.e Lowes, Homedepot etc. The guys they use are subcontractors who work out of their own trucks. In the area I live I have saw several doors installed completely wrong or just extremely sloppy work. I would also consider getting a bid from a local reputable door company.

If you do go with a local hardware store, do some back ground investigating on the contractor. NOT ON THE PLACE YOU BOUGHT THE DOOR FROM DO IT ON THE PERSON ACTUALLY INSTALLING YOUR DOOR. I am not saying they are all bad apples but, in the area I live, I have yet to see anything that has impressed me.

Bookmark   March 3, 2007 at 6:46PM
More Discussions
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
Custom Wood Garage Doors
Does anyone know or have experience with wood garage...
linda_1010
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™