Kerosene Heater for Detached Garage

mike8149January 1, 2008

I have a 24x24 detached garage with a 9' ceiling and no insulation in walls or ceiling. The 16' garage door is insulated. I need help in sizing a kerosene and/or diesel heater. I prefer one that is convection only, no electric motor and would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davidandkasie

my workshop is roughly 18 x18, with no ceiling and no insulation, so you cna say that to the center of my roof it is 12'. i use a Kerosun 85 and it works good. it DOES take a while to heat it up, but once it gets there it can easily keep the shop comfy. it will not heat it to 70, but it will make the mid 60's no problem. a lot better than 30 without it!

Bookmark   January 2, 2008 at 1:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
billinpa

2 words wood stove. I had a similar setup in my old house. kerosene heater made it tolerable in the winter but you were still cold. Looked around and found a used small wood stove. Got all the piping for around 150 bucks from Lowes or HD. Wood was free just had to go cut it. It could be 20 outside. I would be in the garage working in a t shirt and be sweating. It was also not insulated.

you have to be aware that kerosene heaters use a good bit of O2 in the room. As well as exhausted CO2 into the air. Wood stove is a much safer bet if you work in there for any length of time.

Bookmark   March 20, 2008 at 3:02PM
More Discussions
Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener w/Extension
I just installed a 9.18450 opener with a track extension...
brian_nb
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Garage door won't open - even manually
Our garage door won�t open - the motor works,...
karyn
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
esjbee
Keyless lock for manual garage door?
I have a two car garage with separate manual lift garage...
mrpandy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™