Looking for sofa where top of seat cushions are high

shelendeJuly 2, 2010

I am interested in the Lane Emerson fabric sofa, partly because the height from floor to seat cushion top is 23 inches. I have not found other sofa's to be as high up off the floor. Can anyone recommend any other fabric sofa's without a skirt that are high up and also have a little pizzaz, for a den?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rmanbike

I dont think your will find many sofas with that seat height (23") unless you have one custom built. And I even question that dimension, unless you have actually gone into the store and accurately took that measurement.

Bookmark   July 11, 2010 at 9:51AM
shelende

Rmanbike, you are correct, I later found out that the correct seat height for the Emerson is 20 inches. The only sofa's I could find that are as high as 21 are King Hickory. The Zoe model is what I am trying to locate so I can see if it is comfortable but none of the retailers that King Hickory lists have that sofa in their stores. I find the Emerson (called Athena in JCPenny) to be comfortable but I am not ready to give up.

Bookmark   July 11, 2010 at 11:54AM
Brent

Also consider how much you'll sink into the seating, if you're after seat height when sitting on/in it. So, the support of the cushion and the cushion materials may come into play to maintain the height wanted.

Bookmark   July 11, 2010 at 1:57PM
More Discussions
Living Room Furniture Recomendations
What brands of living room furniture compare to Durham...
tiffany2009
casco bay furniture from someone who didnt just join
Hi im looking for reviews on casco bay furniture from...
armstrongarland
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
Design Within Reach - Globus Chairs Hair pulling problem... literally.
I have White on White Globus Chairs (Stua). Purchased...
janejanel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™