Craftsman Garage Door Openers

bucky69January 18, 2007

I recently installed a Craftsman 139.53513 door opener that I bought used. I have no manual or wiring diagrams. I hooked the push button up to the red and white terminals. The button now operates the door. That leaves three terminals open: black, orange and yellow. I have two transmitters, Carper 318, that seem to be the same system as the Craftsman. Both have nine, three position dip switches. I set these on the opener to match how the transmitters are set and got no results. Am I missing any parts or jumpers or anything? What do the three remaining terminals do? If this is just a case of the receiver being bad, can i replace it with an aftermarket receiver that would match my transmitters? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

My honest advice is to not spend another penny on this. You seem to have done everything that should have made this unit work with the remotes. An aftermarket receiver would cost you almost as much as a new opener. See if you can get your money back and check the Sears ads.

Bookmark   January 18, 2007 at 5:12PM
More Discussions
Easy to use Backpack Blower Storage
I have been keeping my backpack blower on the floor...
blakeas
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
pippit
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™