dog chewed wire

girlscout88mJanuary 8, 2009

HAVE CRAFTSMAN G OPENER....I CAN USE MY REMOTE TO OPEN THE DOOR, BUT WHEN I GO TO CLOSE IT, THE BULB LIGHT ON MAIN CELING UNIT BLINKS FEW TIMES THEN I HAVE TO MANUALLY GET OUT (-50) RUN BACK INTO GARAGE TO THE WALL UNIT AND CLOSE MANUALLY. SAME WHEN I AM ENTERING THE DRIVE, I CAN OPEN WITH REMOTE BUT NOT CLOSE. I REPAIRED THE WIRE THE DOG CHEWED, WHICH WAS THE RIGHT SIDE BLACK SENSOR BOX. HOPEFULLY I REPAIRED! WHEN I WAS UNTANGLING WIRE TO GET MORE FEED FROM THE MAIN UNIT ON THE CEILING, I NOTICED FLASHING LIGHT, THOUGHT, "WELL ATLEAST IT IS STILL ON". SAW THE RED SQUARE BUTTON, THOUGHT "HMMMM, MAYBE RESET BUTTON"........NO, DID NOT PUSH. I AM TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT ON MY OWN. THE HUSBAND WON'T SO I AM. COULD SOMEONE HELP! SAME THING WITH HIS REMOTE ALSO, CAN OPEN WITH VEHICLE REMOTE, BUT HAS TO MANUALLY CLOSE FROM THE INSIDE PANEL. ANY OTHER TROUBLESHOOTIN I CAN DO?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davidandkasie

the very FIRST thing you can do is turn off your caps lock.

now on to trouble shooting.

the no close with remote is normal for when a sensor reports something blocking it's path. you need to verify the wires are repaired properly(make sure they go to the correct ones), and then make sure the sensors are aligned. both units have lights on them and both lights should be solid at all times. if not, then reaim them at each other until they are.

Bookmark   January 8, 2009 at 10:43AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

girlscout the wires to the sensor are color coded and must be hooked up properly. I hope your dog chewed the wires far enough away from the sensor so that you are just splicing the wires together. One of the wires is white and the other wire is white with a black tracer. Then do as davidandkasie said and make sure the sensors are pointed at one another and both little lights are on. I think I used to own that dog.

Bookmark   January 8, 2009 at 4:32PM
More Discussions
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
Custom Wood Garage Doors
Does anyone know or have experience with wood garage...
linda_1010
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™