Mortgage Watchdog Program

sparksalsSeptember 9, 2006

Has anyone tried this computer program? The premise is to help figure out if your bank/mortgage company has correctly applied your payments. Many people have found that the application of principal/interest is incorrect and many have been overcharged. Has anyone used this successfully? It is a free download right now, so I have nothing to lose, but I'd like to hear if anyone has experience with it. Good and bad!

Here is a link that might be useful: Mortgage Watchdog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patser

Haven't tried this program. But my husband logs on to our mortgage company's website periodically and checks himself that everything's been applied properly. Doesn't cost to check it yourself, either .... and we know his checking won't go up in price in the future, either.

Bookmark   September 17, 2006 at 6:31AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
simionse

I tried downloading the software you suggested, but seems like there is lots of marketing on the page, and then the version I got didn't let me change the interest rates, so I couldn't use it with my mortgage.

I found another program by someone called www.interestsavers.com which was ok, and another one from www.homemoneymanager.com (which I like the best).

The homemoneymanager one was quite easy to use, and so far I haven't found any errors in my statements, so maybe its all just hype about errors.

I will keep checking and see how we go.

Here is a link that might be useful: mortgage checker

Bookmark   October 31, 2006 at 3:02AM
More Discussions
Do I need to give a 1099-misc to the lady who cleans for me?
For the first time ever, I began having a lady clean...
sogofan
I NEED to vent!
I am so UPSET Just received a notice from my credit...
KarenPA_6b
child tax credit, age 17 cutoff
I was just wondering if anyone knew the logic behind...
jiggreen
refinancing a home
Just learned my interest is 5.25 on our home morgage....
victory_tea2085
Refinance with Bank of America taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R
We started the process for our refinance April 25th...
wickedgrace
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™