Leather Recliner

pjf200July 7, 2012

What are your top several recommendations for manufacturers of leather recliners? I'm looking at Hancock & Moore and MotionCraft so far. H&M is twice the price for similar look, but it seems they have earned a stellar reputation for quality and customer service. I cannot find as much information about MotionCraft. I am most interested in quality leather and construction. I don't buy furniture very often, so I want it to last, but I also want to be sure that I'm not overpaying for features available with other manufacturers for considerably less money.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rmanbike

Stationary Upholstery will always outlast motion furniture by 3X +, so keep this in mind when purchasing a recliner. Dont go all out on the best top grain aniline dyed leather, or your endup throwing out a recliner with worn-out mechanism but leather still in relative good condition.
Look for the best quality mechanism, exclude any imports from Asia, only buy US made L&P or Hickory Springs. But even some of their mechanisms are imported from China.

Bookmark   July 10, 2012 at 9:55AM
More Discussions
Need suggestions to soften my recliner
I bought a recliner from China, construction is fine...
biax
Tolix for outdoors?
Does anyone have experience using Tolix chairs outdoors?...
Chris 802
Living Room Furniture Recomendations
What brands of living room furniture compare to Durham...
tiffany2009
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™