Removing mildew from wood furniture

lesmisJuly 10, 2009

I have a chest of drawers that has been in an unoccupied house for the last 2 years and noticed yesterday that it has several spots of mildew/mold on it due to lack of circulation in the house. How can I remove the mildew and mold spots before bringing it in to my house? It's an antique chest with only a wax finish I believe.

Thanks in advance!

Kat :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
welcometomygarden

I had to store a wood armoire for a couple years and when we went to move we discovered mildew on it. I did a search online and found a product that worked well for us and the product is advertised to be environmentally friendly which appealed to me. We used the product once on the armoire and it removed the mildew...that was 4 years ago and we haven't had any recurrence. I don't know if it is still available but it is called "Enviro-Magic" by Amazon Premium Products in Cumming, GA. Hope this helps you with your furniture! I hope too that you will soon be able to have some closure and peace of mind regarding your parents estate.

Bookmark   July 10, 2009 at 7:44AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lesmis

Thanks very much for the product info Welcometomygarden! Thanks also for the well wishes about the estate issues, it's been a long journey, but I've learned a lot along the way so it's not been all bad!

Kat :)

Bookmark   July 10, 2009 at 8:11AM
More Discussions
Who Are Reputable Made In America/North American Furniture Companies?
I am looking for great-room/living room furniture for...
mothersnood
Coaster furniure quality?
I found a dining table and china cabinet online that...
cand1781
Duane Collie - Question, Please!
Our H & M Kodiak sofa, love seat, chair & ottoman...
cindylouhoo
Best quality Kids/Youth Furniture
Help! I have had more trouble finding decent quality...
dse1
Bauhaus sofa & Ethan Allen Metropolitan
Hello all, this is my first time posting, looking for...
blossom1022
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™