Tulikivi thoughts

poconoDecember 21, 2011

Hi All,

I have a Tulikivi TU1000 unit. It cost 10k plus installation. It's a great unit, but unfortunately, it was undersized for the area. I'm thinking of selling it, but not sure how to go about it or even how much.

I'm thinking about replacing it with a wood stove (with blower) or pellet or coal. Are there hybrids that do both?

Any thoughts or ideas on both my issues. Maybe I should contact a local fireplace dealer and do a swap?

I'm sure the stove must have some value.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mainegrower

This model has a btu output per hour rating of 10,000. That's not very much - there are many wood stoves that are rated 6 times or more higher. I am not aware of any combination wood/coal stoves currently available, but there may well be.

As to its value, I think a great deal would depend on the ease, cost and practicality of dismantling it. Labor costs would likely be pretty high for doing it and I really don't know what the risks of serious damage to the stones might be or how difficult restoring them so they could be reinstalled elsewhere would be. I think a Tulikivi dealer would be the best place to start.

Bookmark   December 26, 2011 at 5:50AM
More Discussions
Harmon pellet stove.
What is your experience? I purchased a Harmon P-38...
mulesrider
Non-angled corner fireplace?
How would you describe this fireplace? I've been trying...
fenix409
Linear Fireplace
Can I put a 60 inch linear fireplace in place of this...
kjez2010
I need opinions on what to do with old fireplace
I have an old fireplace that needs a rehab badly. What...
jbryan21
Help me decide on a fireplace unit for new build
We are doing a gas Heatilator unit. Is there much difference...
brodyt
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™