jcpenny trenton sectional sofa

blue3tooJuly 7, 2010

hi,

Anybody has experiences with the Trenton sectional sofa? I go around JCPENNY, COSTOCO and Macy's to find a sectional sofa. I like the Trenton sectional sofa best since I think it is the most comfortable sofa I tried recently. The picture can be found at http://home-and-garden.become.com/trenton-motion-sectional--compare-prices--sc893971399. It seems that JCPENNY stops sells it online now. I am not an expert on sofa and think the leather used on the Trenton sofa is not very good. Can any expert give me some comment on this set of sofa? My impression is that JCPENNY sells low-end furniture, therefore I am a little worried about the furniture. But the softness and support of Trenton sofa really makes it attractive.

I am looking for your comments and suggestions. thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rmanbike

Your assumption is correct and I will add that Costco also sells at the bottom end, but I think most consumers are aware of this so their expectations are much lower on furniture purchased from this retailers.
Some furniture in Macy's are a bit better, but then again your better off buying from the manufacturer that builds it for Macy's.
Its not that difficult to make a cheap sofa with good first impressions. Its much more difficult and costly to build a sofa that sits good the first day forward to the next 10+years.
Google furniture manufacturers, and visit their website. See if they build quality furniture and stand behind it with a good warranty and support.

Bookmark   July 10, 2010 at 9:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mju3

Did you buy this sectional? We're looking at it as well and have similar questions.

Bookmark   November 27, 2010 at 1:18PM
More Discussions
Horchow new chairs
Anybody knows the manufacturer of these chairs? Where...
inna0410
Barcalounger v Lane v Best or other recliner advice
Hi--I think I've done my homework,and I've read other...
sailormass
Bernhardt vs. Thomasville for leather.
Thinking of getting a leather sofa for its durability....
Sparks72
Quality Outdoor Furniture Brands/Materials?
I am looking to buy an outdoor dining set, chaise loungers...
wendage2
looking for Marge Carson Used Pieces
Hi there, I am looking to buy used Marge Carson Furniture. Kindly, Barb...
iluvcarats
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™