water pot for on top of stove

spike36ffDecember 15, 2005

I was wondering if anyone has put some type of pot on top of their stove to let water evaporate? I am using a P68 pellet stove, which has been great. But its a dry heat.

Any help of what to use or where buy will be greatly appreciated. Ray

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
spike36ff

Sorry guess they are called steamers, has anyone had any luck using them

Bookmark   December 15, 2005 at 9:25PM
rainidame

I just put a pot I bought at the Linen store in the kitchen dept. Wide open with handles on both sides to manuveur easily without spilling. . . . seems to work fine. The bottoms get a bit crusty, but I haven't found a way around that. I've tried stainless, and enameled, both get crusty and ruined for anything else.

Bookmark   December 15, 2005 at 11:47PM
Robmalerba

I bought a nice cast Iron Pot at lowes for steaming water. It's nice looking and I loose a inch or two each day. What works 100 plus times better is my Ultrsonic Humidifier. It holds I think 1 or 2 Gallons and I put it on my hopper lid on my Harman DVC 500 rice coal stove. It puts out a stong mist which falls right down over the hot air blowing out and blends well. I run through the whole amount each day. The cast iron pot is cute but does very little. The hopper lid gets warm at best. Works great for me.

Bookmark   December 16, 2005 at 11:39AM
kframe19

We used to use a big ironstone coffee percolator, the big kind you occasionally see in rail road caboose pictures.

We left the lid off it, and often made tea with the water...

Bookmark   December 20, 2005 at 10:44PM
TJG911

i use a 1 gallon cast iron pot on a wood not pellet stove. at this time of the year i go thru about 2 gallons of water a day, depending upon outside temps. makes a big difference.

tom

Bookmark   December 21, 2005 at 11:15AM
tommyw

I bought a small black kettle for one of my wood inserts and a brass train sits atop my other insert ... The train is neat as the steam comes out of the stack as the water heats up. It was a gift, so not sure where it was bought.

Bookmark   December 21, 2005 at 12:09PM
gottashadow

I use a vaporizer it puts out lot more moisture in the room than having water sitting in a pot. Also will bring up the temperture in the room more quickly.

Bookmark   December 25, 2005 at 6:15AM
More Discussions
Non-angled corner fireplace?
How would you describe this fireplace? I've been trying...
fenix409
1st timer needs pellet stove guidence
The wife and I just bought a new single floor 1800...
bksinaz
Semi-detached home shared flue fireplace
Hi this is my first post to this forum so forgive me...
hiddentrails
Recommendation on direct-vent gas fireplace?
Hi all, We are building a new home and plan to have...
kitchengirl
I need opinions on what to do with old fireplace
I have an old fireplace that needs a rehab badly. What...
jbryan21
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™