Wormley Precedent Magazine table by Drexel

MadMaddyJune 8, 2011

I purchase a set of magazine tables a few years back at an auction and have had a hard time trying to identify them until recently. I was preparing for a large sale to get rid of items that I have just been holding on to and had not used in some time. I happen to see information on the bottom as my helpers took them off a handtruck. There it was! After all these years, asking any and everyone that I thought had even a drop of collector's knowledge. The funny part about it was that I look for marker marks on everything. (To my friends and family: I've already secretly taken a pick at your stuff when you weren't looking. lol)

Now I know I have a set of Drexel Precedent Elm Magazine Tables designed by Wormley. My research, so far, states that they are rare and Precendent was the only design Wormley did for Drexel. However, I've not really been able to get a value of them. I've seen a set of walnut table and the sellers price is very, very expensive. Can anyone give me more info or a ballpart value on these tables.

Thanks

I can't believe that I was about to just give these table away.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
palimpsest

Can you post a picture? The Precedent pieces seem to vary widely in price as does all Wormley designs whether for Dunbar, Drexel, etc. I am assuming based upon the relative production of the item by the company. All Wormley pieces are sought right now but some are much more valuable in the current market than others.

Bookmark   June 12, 2011 at 11:56AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MadMaddy

Thanks for your response. I not sure how to post pics here, but will post pics as soon I can.

Yes, that's what I thought. My tables are elm #244-9 and I'm sure the walnut ones would be more expensive. The price asked for a pair of walnut tables gave me gooosebumps!

Bookmark   June 18, 2011 at 3:33PM
More Discussions
Where can I find this style bed for less?
We're looking for a new bed and the only bed styles...
pugluv1
Flexsteel Lattitudes question....
My wife and I are about ready to purchase our first...
bgaviator
Bassett Custom Dining Tables
Anyone out there bought Bassett custom dining tables....
Gregstu
What happens to returned furniture
We recently received a living room furniture and one...
madness76
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™