Alaska Stove Channing III Rice Coal Stove

plasticpenDecember 20, 2005

I had the Alaska Stove Channing III rice coal installed by a dealer the last week of November. Because I do not have a chimney, I had it direct vented.

I paid $205.00 extra for a thermostat, but when the dealer installed the stove, I only received a auto heat control box and the single rheostat.

The auto heat control box is numbered 1 to 5 and controls the size of the fire. The single rheostat is similar to a light dimmer switch in that it controls the speed of the blower in the stove.

As far as I know the auto heat control box and rheostat are standard with the Channing III, but my dealer is trying to claim that I received a thermostat and that the auto heat control box is the thermostat.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has a Channing III or knowledge of the Channing III.

Thanks for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
devonare_juno_com

Your Dealer wasn't honest with you. I have a channing II stove that doesn't come with the single rheostat which you speak of. The "auto heat control box" is standard to operate your stove. Without it your stove wouldn't be able to allow rice coal to move it down onto the grate.

Bookmark   September 14, 2008 at 7:17PM
More Discussions
Gas fireplace that looks real in new build
Yes I know everyone want their gas logs to look real....
asyrp43
I need opinions on what to do with old fireplace
I have an old fireplace that needs a rehab badly. What...
jbryan21
Help me decide on a fireplace unit for new build
We are doing a gas Heatilator unit. Is there much difference...
brodyt
Couple of questions about installing stone veneer
Little background - original lava rock fireplace was...
rosebay
Gas fireplace- fan or no fan?
Looking at a Mendota and a Heat N Glo full view single...
ryebread2111111
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™