Harman Accentra Flame Guide issue

g5ctDecember 2, 2007

Hi All. I have an accentra stove that has an annoying problem. The flame guide that sits on top of the burn pot keeps becoming dislodged from it's place. It will ride the burn pot for a day or two before totally falling into the burn pot. It is very annoying since I have to shut down the stove, clean it, then restart the stove. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
john4no2

I'm not doubting you but that seems hard to believe because the flame guide is fairly heavy compaired to the pellets and I just can't see how it would be pushed off the burn pot. Try sealing it in place with some high temp silicone.

One thing to check, is it the correct flame guide? Looking on the Harman Web site I found the part number is 3-00-08534. The part # should be cast right into the part.

Also, did you have any maintenance done to the stove since this is happening and what fuel type are you burning?

Bookmark   December 3, 2007 at 2:30PM
greif

are you installing it right? it should never fall out since you need to slide it up before you can remove it

Bookmark   December 3, 2007 at 9:30PM
snpvt_comcast_net

I have the same issue. Just started this season. YES I placed it far back, cleaned it all and yes it gets pushed out by the pellets. I don't care how heavy you think it is. It makes the stove burn wrong and causes smoke to come out if not stopped and fixed. I am afraid to leave my house with it...which is raising my fuel bill. I also called the people who put my stove in and they said I was crazy. I really need it fixed! Thanks for all help!

Bookmark   January 12, 2009 at 11:44AM
woodman49

check for a buildup of clinkers [hard deposits] in the burn pot . that can make pellets push up and move a flame guide also be sure no crust build up on the sides of the burn pot that the flame guide sits on or on the bottom of the flame guide. clinker build up can also slow down your ignition

Bookmark   February 4, 2009 at 9:52PM
More Discussions
do you recognize this stacked stone?
I would like to install stacked stone and found this...
rosebay
Can woodstove clog a chimney in a month??
We had a Quadrafire 5100 woodburning stove insert installed...
kitasei
Gas fireplace- fan or no fan?
Looking at a Mendota and a Heat N Glo full view single...
ryebread2111111
Help me decide on a fireplace unit for new build
We are doing a gas Heatilator unit. Is there much difference...
brodyt
replacing wood burning stove with wb fireplace, will it work?
Living room had a wood burning stove. There's a 6"...
petecon
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™