delay in fireplace blower coming on?

abbey_cnyDecember 11, 2012

There is a delay with my fireplace blower coming on. I use the remote control (green smart, fireplace xtrordinaire), and when I put the blower on there is at least a 5 minute delay before it comes in. I checked the manual, and couldn't find any info. I was wondering if the fireplace has to reach a certain temperature before the blower will come on?

Thanks!

Abbey

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
southerncanuck

Yes it does. The fireplace has a sequence of safety measures in place to ensure proper operation. For example the thermocouple (thermometer) that is positioned next to the pilot flame must first reach a certain preset temperature before a signal is given to the gas safety shut off valve before the valve is allowed to open providing gas to the burner. This ensures that the pilot is lit. If the valve were to open without a pilot flame it would fill the chamber with raw gas.

The same goes for the fan, the complete sequence has to be made then a second electronic instrument then gives permission for the fan switch to come on that allows the fan to start. There is a time delay for the fan to ensure everything is as is should be, we certainly don't want the fan to be blowing carbon monoxide into the room.

Bookmark   December 14, 2012 at 9:00PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
abbey_cny

Thank you so much SouthernCanuck! I wish the manual had spelled it out as nicely as you did but if if it did I couldn't find it.

Abbey

Bookmark   December 16, 2012 at 2:31PM
More Discussions
I need opinions on what to do with old fireplace
I have an old fireplace that needs a rehab badly. What...
jbryan21
Can woodstove clog a chimney in a month??
We had a Quadrafire 5100 woodburning stove insert installed...
kitasei
Semi-detached home shared flue fireplace
Hi this is my first post to this forum so forgive me...
hiddentrails
Gas fireplace- fan or no fan?
Looking at a Mendota and a Heat N Glo full view single...
ryebread2111111
Recommendation on direct-vent gas fireplace?
Hi all, We are building a new home and plan to have...
kitchengirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™