opinions on vinyl flooring

sugar2012March 10, 2012

I am new to the entire flooring process, that being said, I am looking for a faux wood flooring that is realistic looking, easy to install, durable, fade resistant and water proof. The flooring will be self-installed in an entry way, kitchen, bath and dining area. As I research, people have suggested vinyl flooring including Linkwerks - rapid click, Adura -lock solid, and Armstrong Luxe plank. I would love to hear experiences with the above products and if anyone has any other product suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tinan

I would also love to hear...

Bookmark   March 23, 2012 at 12:50AM
desertsteph

if you search on p 1 of flooring in the search box on the lower right side of page you should find some posts on Adura and Armstrong - don't know about the other one.

I'm putting down some sheet vinyl in a few rooms - including baths and laundry. there's some really nice vinyl out these days - don't let others opinions on it scare ya away from it.

Bookmark   March 24, 2012 at 3:17AM
tinan

I would like to know if anyone has experienced a strong odor that did not go away within weeks, I have read complaints of this and it makes me reconsider whether we should just go with laminate...

Bookmark   March 25, 2012 at 4:36PM
glennsfc

Laminate flooring will emit odors also for a few days after installation. These manufactured products are not totally inert.

Bookmark   March 25, 2012 at 9:54PM
More Discussions
Has anyone used Smartcore Floors from Lowes
Hi, we're looking for something that we can put over...
amoore1205
Water-based finish over dark stained floors?
Hi all, Folks are about to start flooring work on my...
afrochic2
Filler in travertine marble tiles is coming out causing pitting
We put travertine marble throughout our house. We were...
caribbeancupcake
Tile over fiberglass?
Long story short, we added some porches to our new...
Nick Anderson
What cork flooring manufacturer is best?
I am leaning towards cork flooring in my kitchen reno...
laurarenos7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™