Broyhill Quality?

jennyzone5June 9, 2012

After looking everywhere locally for living room furniture, the only thing that has really tickled my fancy is the McKinley from Broyhill. Couch, chair and a half, and ottoman will run me about $3,000.

Is Broyhill a decent enough brand and worth the money? Their warranty seems better than average with a 3yr warranty on cushion core, 1 yr on fabric and lifetime on frame. Sinuous coils. Should I go for it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jefff123

Broyhill has a long history of being a reliable mid-priced furniture manufacturer. Although $3000 sounds like a lot of money you are buying three pieces of furniture so I'm guessing the sofa is probably closer to $1500. Although sinuous coils cost the manufacturer considerably less than the gold standard 8 way hand-tied coils, they will last just as long (if not longer)and very few people have rear-ends that are sensitive enough to tell the difference in comfort.

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 10:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sally111

I bought a Broyhill sofa in 1999...thirteen years ago...and retired it to the basement this weekend. I paid around $800-900. It would still be in use but the cushions, casings, and upholstery have been subject to kid abuse and disaster. It's a solid couch in a classic style and I feel like I got my money's worth. I've noticed makers are now attaching cushions - may make a difference / less long lasting.

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 4:23PM
More Discussions
Duane Collie - Question, Please!
Our H & M Kodiak sofa, love seat, chair & ottoman...
cindylouhoo
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
Horchow new chairs
Anybody knows the manufacturer of these chairs? Where...
inna0410
Bernhardt vs. Thomasville for leather.
Thinking of getting a leather sofa for its durability....
Sparks72
casco bay furniture from someone who didnt just join
Hi im looking for reviews on casco bay furniture from...
armstrongarland
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™