Bruce Dundee gunstock vs fawn hardwood flooring

luckyme7March 1, 2014

Need help deciding which one to go with. Off white cabinet, Bianco antico granite. We are planning to put hardwood for entire first floor. We have narrowed down to Bruce Dundee gunstock vs fawn. Both are high sheen. Which one will be better?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

Low sheen medium colors will show the least wear and tear. High sheen and/or dark colors show everything.

Bookmark   March 5, 2014 at 11:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sirienne

I just had Bruce floors put in and these were 2 of the 3 colors I was looking at. The other was Saddle, which is what I ultimately went with. If there had been a color that was a 50/50 mix of Saddle and Fawn I would have gone with that one, but Fawn was too light for me.

Gunstock is redder, and is red oak while Fawn is white oak and IMO more of a 'neutral' brown. Fawn might be a tad bit lighter than Gunstock - it was lighter on the sample board I had but it's hard to tell whether it was the piece of wood vs the stain color in general. Fawn does not seem to be a popular color because I couldn't find any photos of it other than the marketing photos, which all seem to be Photoshopped anyway. There are a number of different photos of Gunstock if you do an image search, though.

Really with these 2 colors it's mainly a question of whether you want a more red-toned brown or a yellow-toned brown. With the cabinet and granite colors you have it could go either way, it'd just be a matter of personal preference. In my case red tones would not have gone with any of my decor so I purposely avoided them.

Bookmark   March 6, 2014 at 9:06PM
More Discussions
Need advice. Subway tile on uneven kneewall
So I was kinda pissed off when I walked into my bathroom...
Michael Coates
bamboo floor fumes--anyone else have this problem??
Hi, has anyone installed a bamboo floor and had trouble...
nikwaters
carpet comparison
We are looking at 2 carpets right now. Both are Anso...
sutrotower96
Appalachian Flooring made in Canada
http://www.appalachianflooring.com/evershine I have...
cindywhitall
farm house Floors
Hello everyone. I live in a old farmhouse in new england....
jennybog
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™