Cheap flooring for closets to pass inspection

Oleander15March 7, 2013

As part of our inspection before we can close on our house (it is a short sale in need of a lot of repairs but none major) we need to put down flooring of some kind in 2 rooms. Both are upstairs and will only be used by us, not rooms others will see when visiting. One is a 42 sq ft closet and the other is an 89 sq ft unfinished bathroom (plumbed but just an empty room that nothing was done with after construction.)

We want something cheap, and something I can install by myself or maybe with a little help. Both rooms will be used for storage and we will likely not finish this bathroom any time soon as there are only 2 of us and we already have 2 full baths... so it is not needed.

I was thinking the cheap carpet that you can get cut off a roll at Lowes for under $1/sq ft or maybe some type of vinyl/laminate (?) flooring that they also have on rolls in the same area of Lowes. This is (obviously) not something I know much about! We are replacing the carpet in the rest of the house, but we won't be doing that till after closing and did not plan on carpeting these closets anyways.

So any ideas would be helpful!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
theresa2

How about peel and stick vinyl tiles that you can just buy off the shelf at a hardware store. They are so easy to install.

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 8:07AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Oleander15

Thanks! That is what we decided to do. We did both rooms for just over $60 and it only took a few hours!

Bookmark   March 12, 2013 at 12:11PM
More Discussions
Anyone used Coretec?
I have searched and searched, but I haven't seen any...
joygreenwald
Black Walnut Grades
Hi all! Could someone tell me if these two pictures...
luciole
Review on Taun wood
Has anyone used Taun wood for flooring? We are looking...
itspepsico
Flooring for road noise - Carpet or LVT
Hi Everyone, We are looking into replacing our entire...
houston70sranch
why is everyone pushing water based poly?
Everyone that I have gotten estimates for is pricing...
NYMK
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™