Recliners that do not look like 'recliners'~~

phoggieJune 14, 2008

I am looking for recliners (need 2) that do not actually look like those big bulky ones, but do want something comfortable. I saw some once that were kinda like wing back, had skirts, and swiveled....but I have searched and searched and can not find the brand. If anyone has pictures of their recliners, please post them for me.

Thanks~~

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
john_wc

Price range?

Bookmark   June 14, 2008 at 7:06PM
cynnamama

We have just bought 2 Whitley Collection outdoor recliners from La-Z-Boy furniture store. We truly love them and are so comfortable. We put them in our sunroom. Check out their other recliners and the quality is excellent along with the reasonable prices.
Would like to take a picture of the room but don't know how to post it here, I'm a newbie!
Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: La-Z-Boy Furniture

Bookmark   June 25, 2008 at 9:26AM
lewbloom

I think La-Z-Boy has the best! Another suggestion is to get two cozy chairs and an big ottoman that can be used as a foot rest/coffee table. For a foot rest you simply pull it up to your new coxy chairs and for a coffee table just place a large tray on top of it. Have fun getting comfy!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   July 1, 2008 at 1:48PM
mogator88

Dutailier has a great line of recliners.

Bookmark   July 1, 2008 at 4:37PM
dontcallmeshirley

I bought two small recliner club chairs on sale at JoAnn's Bed and Back 9 years ago. They still work great with everyday use and are very comfortable. You'd never know they were recliners.

Bookmark   July 3, 2008 at 11:40AM
duanerc

phoiggie,

There are many that will work for you. Too many to list! Just some that come to mind are Bradington-Young, Southwood Furniture, Hancock and Moore, and Leathercraft. Check out their websites and you'll find them.

Duane

Bookmark   July 6, 2008 at 10:41PM
catslikemice

Check out the Mitchell Gold collection of recliners. I have a pair of the Crate and Barrel version of one of their chairs in a microfiber. It's held up very well. Pottery Barn also has a recliner that doesn't look like a recliner.

Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mitchell Gold

Bookmark   July 8, 2008 at 11:07PM
susan209

I was just out today looking for recliners or chairs/ottomans as I am to sit with my feet up (swelling). So I found Smith Bros. of Berne and it was heavenly - chair with a round thing on the right side under the armrest that you could adjust the chair back like a recliner without using one of those wood handles. Also it had a ottoman........see the chair would recline but your feet would be up on the ottoman. The chair I tried was #932 and it was more comfortable than all of the Lazyboys (yes, I did sit on all of them that the store had, ofcourse it was not a reg. Lazyboy dealer store but they had more than enough to try out.). Go on the to Smith Bros. of Berne furniture site and you can also see the recliners. There was a very wide array of fabrics that I thought were fabulous. From what I understood you could use any of the fabrics on the chair I was speaking of, they had it on the floor in wonderful leather, with nailheads and the ottoman was a half circle. Boy I can't say enough things about it. Now I just have to decide what I want to buy. Berne Furniture is not longer in business and they had exceeding well made furniture and I don't know it this was an offshoot of them, I have no clue but in the stuff I read on the site, they have been in business for 80 yrs. At least look them up and look at styles, the one I like was wonderfully comfortable.

Bookmark   July 13, 2008 at 3:26AM
More Discussions
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
Bauhaus sofa & Ethan Allen Metropolitan
Hello all, this is my first time posting, looking for...
blossom1022
Living Room Furniture Recomendations
What brands of living room furniture compare to Durham...
tiffany2009
Duane Collie - Question, Please!
Our H & M Kodiak sofa, love seat, chair & ottoman...
cindylouhoo
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™