Wondering what my HENREDON sofa is probably worth?

clconderJune 24, 2009

Hi-

I would really appreciate some input on how much my Henredon couch is probably worth. It is 27 years old but the frame is in great condition. They don't make frames like this anymore! Amazing quality. It was reupholstered about 13 years ago and restuffed.

Any insight would be wonderful. I don't have room for it unfortunately any longer and I'm looking to sell it. Any suggestions on the best way to do this would be great too.

Thanks so much!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
thecollector

A 27 year old sofa that has been recovered and stuffed 13 years ago has very little value. And I would have to disagree that current frames are not made as good as those in the 80's (I sold furniture too, when yours was made).

You may be able to get a couple hundred dollars on Craigslist if the covering on it is good, but that will probably be it. Of course its not possible to put a number on anything without seeing detailed photos.

IF you cannot sell it, consider donating to Habitat for Humanity or similar. They are always looking for donations of usable furniture and will give you a receipt for tax deductions. Good luck.

Bookmark   June 24, 2009 at 3:56PM
pam4309

I agree with thecollector. I recently moved and sold a fair amount of furniture. I have a Vanguard sofa in very good conditon and was told by a consignment store "It's just an old piece of furniture...worth about $150." It hurts but it is true.

Bookmark   June 24, 2009 at 6:31PM
palimpsest

The value in the sofa is that someone can buy it inexpensively and it is worthwhile recovering. The total price of the sofa and reupholstery would net a better sofa than one would get new at that price. However, I agree, it is in that age group that makes it "used furniture"

Bookmark   June 29, 2009 at 4:18PM
great_lakes_state

Concur with the above. Also note that reupholstery costs (fabric, trim, materials and labor) may deter prospective purchasers.

Perhaps you could sell for the "best offer" received.

Bookmark   June 30, 2009 at 9:42PM
riddler612_yahoo_com

I bought a henredon table item number 7054-40 and I can't find any information on it. Would like to no the history and how much its worth.

Bookmark   June 20, 2011 at 6:52PM
More Discussions
Bassett Custom Dining Tables
Anyone out there bought Bassett custom dining tables....
Gregstu
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
Taylor King sofas ??
We have found a couple Taylor King sofas that we really...
fleurdelis05
I want to make a sofa box cushion the right size.
I have two sofas, that I would like to re-upholster....
pisley
What happens to returned furniture
We recently received a living room furniture and one...
madness76
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™