Furniture arrangement

jen_la75June 25, 2012

Would you guys put a chaise long ways in front of these windows or two chairs and a table??Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brian2k

Two chairs and a table would definitely look nice in front of the window. I think the chaise would take away from your sectional. Even a nice bench with end tables on both sides would look good.

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 9:50PM
freethinker99

I agree with Brian two chairs would look better. The chaise would be too much for the room.

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 4:49PM
tonyrichards

I wouldn't place anything stopping that gorgeous natural light from flowing into the room. I'd get a wall fitting for your television and place it above the fire place with the peripherals hidden in a side box. Next I'd place the coffee table adjacent to the fire place and place your corner sofa plus additional seating around this coffee table. Have a rug under the lot. I've got a good article below on the layout of living rooms that I wrote. Take a look. Notice how in the open window apartment there are stools instead of chairs, you could get away with those as a quick fix.

Here is a link that might be useful: Article on Separating your Living Room and Dining Room

Bookmark   August 7, 2012 at 11:23AM
CharlotteHome

I would put two petit matching chairs there. I also think mounting than television may be a great touch with a console underneath as opposed to a media cart. If you like the ottoman consider a big attractive tray so it can serve as a table better.

Not sure if you are interested in some paint ideas: It might be a nice update to paint a bit. I would change your stained woodwork/fireplace/Ceiling a glossy shade of white. Then do 2-3 coats on the walls a shade of whiter gray or putty color. I think you'd be amazed by the brightening effect of losing the wood-stain and brick.

Bookmark   August 13, 2012 at 2:52PM
Crowealethea

Agree with one of the posters above. Don't put anything next to window that stops natural light coming in. Adjust the seating arrangement near the fireplace. Chaise would be too much for the room along with sofa & chairs.

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 8:00AM
jamespell

I also Agree with Crowealethea. Adjust the seating arrangement in front of the fireplace. It will looks good and you will also get natural light through the window.

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 2:53PM
More Discussions
What happens to returned furniture
We recently received a living room furniture and one...
madness76
Bernhardt vs. Thomasville for leather.
Thinking of getting a leather sofa for its durability....
Sparks72
looking for Marge Carson Used Pieces
Hi there, I am looking to buy used Marge Carson Furniture. Kindly, Barb...
iluvcarats
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™