St. Crroix Pellet stove, awful tech support

bobl_2008December 1, 2008

I bought a St. Croix pellet stove insert in June 2008. So far no problems with performance. But support... forget it. The manual is badly written. You are at the mercy of your local dealer. If you have a technical question and call the manufacturer in Waco, Nebraska you will hit a stone wall. I had a simple question about purchasing the right kind of UPS (battery backup) which my dealer had (wrongly) discouraged me from purchasing. The operator simply refused to put me through to a technical person and referred me back to the dealer who had told me not to to get a battery backup. Bit of catch 22 there.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SeattlePioneer

That's common for most manufacturers. Tech support people generally don't want to talk to customers. Can't blame them much --- they expose themselves to legal liability if they try to diagnose problems without observing the equipment themselves.

Bookmark   December 2, 2008 at 1:35AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stovetechri

i tell people not to buy a battery backup because it doesn't last long and it cost as much as a nice generator . you can be warm and have a light on.

Bookmark   December 9, 2008 at 9:03PM
More Discussions
I need opinions on what to do with old fireplace
I have an old fireplace that needs a rehab badly. What...
jbryan21
Gas fireplace- fan or no fan?
Looking at a Mendota and a Heat N Glo full view single...
ryebread2111111
Non-angled corner fireplace?
How would you describe this fireplace? I've been trying...
fenix409
Does this old fireplace have options?
Hey everybody! My home was built in 1930 and originally...
Kristin Jennings
replacing wood burning stove with wb fireplace, will it work?
Living room had a wood burning stove. There's a 6"...
petecon
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™